Thursday, September 2, 2010

Deer Meat Tomato Cups

Last night I also made Deer Meat Tomato Cups that I adapted from a recipe given to me by my friend Wanda.



When we have a deer processed, we usually get what we refer to as "breakfast sausage" made as well as link sausage, cutlets and bacon burger.  For this recipe I used some of the "breakfast sausage".

I fried off the sausage first and set aside to cool.  In a large bowl I put a can of Rotel tomatoes (drained very well), 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and about 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.  Mix together and then add some breakfast sausage.  Again, I don't really know how much I put, but use enough so that it's incorporated into the mixture well.
Next, take a can of Grands biscuits - I use the flaky layer variety - and pull them apart so you have 16 biscuits instead of 8.  Place in a muffin tin to make a cup inside the pan.  Then put some filling inside each cup.  Bake at 350 degrees for a about 20 minutes.

These are really yummy and easy to eat.

My goal is to try to pay more attention to amounts of ingredients that I use so if you want to try some of my deer meat creations, you won't have to guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment