Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fried Backstrap

Last night we had fried backstrap.  I'm sure I don't even have to explain how to make that deer recipe.  It seems to be the most popular way to cook deer meat.  I use Louisiana Chick Fry when I cook ours.  A lot of the people who eat deer meat have only eaten it fried and it is one of my favorite ways to eat it too, but as you can tell I really like to cook it many different ways.  I like to make a white gravy to go over my fried deer meat and have mashed potatoes to go with it.  Sounds real healthy doesn't it?  Oh well..........   

We also had some fresh hog backstrap.  I've never had that before so I just cooked it the same way I did the deer meat.  It was pretty awesome.  Here's hoping we can get a hog this year.

Happy Hunting!

3 comments:

  1. Nice photo. Amusing caption. I'll have to come back later and check your recipes; they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the only way to have deer meat is to kill it? I wonder what does deer meat taste like?
    I am following you to know more about it.
    I invite you to visit my blog and if you like it I hope you will follow me too.

    ReplyDelete