Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wow.  I didn't realize it's been since October since I've posted.  It's hunting season now and the men have been spending time actually hunting.  "The Girls" are at the camp and reports are they are doing great and I'm sure they are having a good time there.

My son got a buck over the Thanksgiving holidays. He was quite excited as you might imagine.  We now have new "bacon burger" and sausage in the freezer.


I made some deer meat wraps the other night.  We took some backstrap cutlets, spread a cream cheese mixture on them, rolled them up, wrapped them in bacon, secured them with toothpicks and cooked them on the grill.  The cream cheese mixture was softened cream cheese, my new favorite spicy ranch dressing, chopped jalapenos, garlic and some slap ya mama.  This is our favorite way to eat the cutlets.  It's a little time consuming, but OMG it's good.



On Tuesday night I made some Taco Soup.  I used Paula Deen's recipe.  Here's the link:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/taco-soup-recipe/index.html

I followed her recipe, except for the ground meat, I, of course, used deer meat.  I had some "breakfast sausage" that I fried off and used.  I did some chicken fajitas to go with it.  Taco soup is a wonderful comfort food.

When I come up with a way to incorporate deer meat into my traditional Christmas dinner I'll let you know.

Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment: