Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Backstrap Sausage Shish Kabobs

Well, these are pretty self-explanatory really, but they were so good I thought I would share them.

I seasoned some cube sized pieces of backstrap with Coffee BBQ Rub from the Red Stick Spice Company (http://www.redstickspice.com/coffeebbqrub.html).  Of course you can use whatever seasoning you prefer, however, I highly recommend this coffee bbq rub.  (I'm not affiliated with them in any way - just like their product.)

I wrapped the backstrap in bacon as I skewered each one.  Alternately, I placed pieces of green onion deer sausage, green bell pepper and sweet Vidalia onion onto the skewers.

I used bamboo skewers which had been soaked in water.  These are my preference simply because they are disposable, you can use the metal ones if you prefer.

The kabobs were then cooked on the grill until the backstrap and bacon were done and the vegetables were tender.



No comments:

Post a Comment